The Sails can do Miracles just you wait and see.
* Sail on the ¨Sunderland¨ the only working tall ship in the Mexican Riviera.
* Steer & Hoist the sails or sit back and relax and enjoy the sailing cruise.
* Pass: Lovers Beach, Sea Lion Colony and the World-famous Arch of Cabo San Lucas at Lands End.
* Feel the breeze as you sail out into the Pacific Ocean & Sea of Cortez.
* Listen to the singing of the whales with the aid of hydrophones.
* Stories: Enjoy stories of Maritime history in Cabo & of the Tall Ship ´´Sunderland´´.
Board the tall ship Sunderland, built in 1885, the oldest English tall ship left in the world that is sailing in the Mexican Riviera. You will experience the power of the sails and learn about the maritime history that evolved around the town of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. In an area rich in pirate lore and stories of buried treasure, those who think Baja is only about Missions and cave paintings cannot afford to miss this aspect of local history. The ship is very similar to the one Thomas Cavendish used to take the Spanish treasure galleon “Santa Ana” in this very spot. Climb aboard a tall ship to recapture the feeling of sailing like the “days of old”. “Sailing aboard “The Sunderland” is like traveling back in time to an earlier era, when the world was a different place and tall ships ruled the seas.”
Step aboard, feel the wooden deck under your feet, and relive the excitement and adventure of yesteryear on the placid seas of Cabo San Lucas. You can feel the history when you help Hoist the sails and Steer the ship out into the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez during an enjoyable sail. Where else can you get a chance to actually steer a tall ship built in 1885? On your way out of the harbor you will learn about the maritime history that evolved around the town of Cabo San Lucas and with the Sunderland as your professional captain takes you past Pelican Rock, Lovers Beach and the world-famous Cabo San Lucas Arch at Land’s End. Watching the crew at work high overhead in the rigging as they prepair the sails. Real working cannons poking their snub noses from gun ports complete the feeling of stepping backward through time.
Experience the finest sailing aboard our beautiful Sunderland.